Friday, September 15, 2017

Le-vel's "Thrive" 3-step experiment.

This experiment on myself is for 2 days. I was given enough samples to be able to feel a difference I was told. Sometimes the positive effects are delayed I was told so I will update this post for as long as necessary to convince myself. Please check back by refreshing the page in order to get to see the updates as they are posted because I am not going to be writing a blog topic for each entry .

Thursday 14th September 2017

I've taken one of David's Thrive W supplements at 3:30pm just 1 tablet (thanks for the free sample, does anyone else want one? Comment below. Must log in to Google or Wordpress)

3:40pm feel heavy on the chest and a bit depressed by the truth (I can't keep other people happy)

later Thursday: just felt worse and worse until my pain killer kicked in after 9pm and then it was soon bed time. Disturbed night as usual Anyway, that was just step 1 which did not have any adverse effects so I will do it properly as instructed by the company tomorrow.

Friday 15th September

10:30am - had tablet, shake and patch is on.  I am still waking up in pain as usual, no pain killers taken yet.  Trying to delay just to see if this magic pill set does anything in the first half an hour remembering that the pill was taken over 20 mins ago.

10:50 heart racing I think - finger test says 108 bmp just sitting here not moving - like feeling anxious or anticipating something exiting but not a very nice feeling for me.

10:55 took my usual pain killer because I am still in pain more than I can enjoy the day with.

11:00 horrible gut cramps which is not unusual, worse on moving - average HR 109 according to Endomondo (sports app) with a wahoo tickr chest strap however I do feel like I am in autonomic overdrive and still tired at the same time.

11:20 HR 125 bpm, been moving around, doing a painful bowel movement followed by making soup a bit at a time and making coffee and sitting back down now - Avg HR for all that was 116 bpm which means I am already over my safe anaerobic threshold for my age (the objective way to predict pay back because it is measurable in numbers and promoted by "Pacing" courses.  Google "pacing with a heart-rate monitor" if you are interested.)

11:35 sitting since last post. Average HR 103 bpm but all my coughing puts it up higher each time. Gut cramps easing off some. It's a lovely day out there.

12:00 I got up, did a few things, chopped a carrot, blah blah, heart rate goes up understandably to a max of 129 bpm and then I sit down for a rest just typing or Internet stuff and get my heart rate back down again but not down enough to what I consider comfortable.  Might take a beta blocker if I can find them.  I guess my Targin is working by now.  Pain is tolerable.

12:15 I got dressed, that's a good sign!

1:23pm I am in a good mood now, body has settled into the day and the beta blocker has made my heart rate comfortable at 83 bpm standing.  Will be able to tackle getting the wheelie bins in much easier now.  Round one goes to the beta blocker Inderal/Deralin as far as putting a smile on my face counts. Bowel cramp has not changed, it is still on the verge of going into hyperdrive (labour) if I eat anything. I tried a few mouthfuls of carrot and celery out of the chicken bone soup that's how I know.

3:00pm I am still tired and haven't really woken up properly all day but that happens a lot, so I'd say "no change" noted from taking the "Thrive" so far. Sorry David. I'm hungry. HR = 86 bpm

4:10pm Having low gut pain intensify because I had to eat something before but it is dying down again now.  Can potter around today whereas yesterday I could not stay awake this many hours without having to go back to sleep so I am better than yesterday.  I do need a sleep now though. Lying still can stop the gut spasms too so I will get both wheelie bins and update this after my sleep.  It could be a while. HR sitting = 87bpm

6:10pm I really did not lie down until about 5pm but for the life of me, I couldn't get to sleep.  That is highly unusual because my eyes still feel like they are tired enough to fall asleep.  Lying there did help my gut at the time, but it is back to its sensitive self again now that I am up out of bed.  I had rather a nice sense of well-being while I was lying there.  It was a bit peculiar too, like I might accidentally break out in a smile while I am curled up all warm.  I'd say that may actually have been the "Thrive" in my system effecting my mood because with unexplained hot spots all over my lung scan I don't really have a reason to feel secure and warm and I only got that shocking news 2 days ago.  I'll blog about my lung scans some other time though. My heart rate is not bothering me.

8:45pm  I ran out of milk and decided to get the whole grocery order and I am back now with everything still in the car.  I got really dizzy and my body could not figure out if it was hot or cold and I can't say I enjoyed it but I wouldn't have even tried yesterday.  It is hard to know if I was going to have the energy to go had I not had the "Thrive" today but it still felt like my body was giving me warning signs to stop at once!!  That's as honest as I can get. I did not have a feeling of well-being while I was out.

11:00pm I am all vibrating inside and in too much pain now, bed I think.

Saturday 16th September
4:15am I didn't quite make it to bed, I feel asleep in the recliner and now I don't feel like going back to bed right away. Gut is feeling much better. By the time I was fed and watered my heart rate was back up to around 92 bpm which is way too high for just sitting and its a bit uncomfortable while the rest of my body thinks it should be restful and still sleepy.

6.00am Thrive  W Step 1 - 2 capsules. Gut insides are getting sorer the longer I have been awake but they are not cramping.  Heart rate 92 bpm and it shouldn't be that high for just sitting.  These are baseline figures for today before taking Thrive.  Fatigue level: as per usual.  Pain level before Targin: as per usual I think.  Bowel motion: Easier than yesterday. Could be a benefit from yesterday's "Thrive" because I have been having problems since starting the low-dose steroids and the problem seemed to be mounting despite drinking more water.

6:20am Steps 2 and 3.  Thrive W (W for women) Shake and a new transdermal patch.  HR 88bmp while sitting.

9:25am Up until now, there has been no indication in my heart rate that would suggest that the Thrive routine has caused an increase, dangerous or otherwise.  My heart rate is being monitored consistently and my heart rate is approximately the same - between 86 or 93 bpm when sitting at the computer screen, depending upon my cough which is pretty darn annoying and energy-consuming. I am not saying anything about my heart-rate other than that today I know for sure that the Le-vel Thrive 3-step routine is not making it any worse.  I did have some concern about the stimulants it contains but being a coffee drinker, I know I don't get over-stimulated by coffee otherwise I could not fall asleep so easily routinely.  I did have trouble having my nap yesterday though didn't I, as in, I could not fall asleep.  If it is anything like the cortisol/prednisolone, I'd soon get used to that.

I am still feeling very tired but I have the energy to meet my needs today so I will be able to potter around and do things like clothes washing and hanging out  and I still have not even taken a beta blocker.  My heart was a bit racey last night after going shopping but I don't see any indication that I have not recovered already from that.  The sleep I had seemed to fix that.  I usually end up needing a recovery day where I do nothing but feed myself and restrict my own movements.  I don't think today is going to be like that so perhaps I am seeing some improvement.  It is so hard to tell if it is the "Thrive" since I expected to be on the mend anyway from my latest relapse and getting back to the stage that I was celebrating from seeing the improvements from taking low-dose steroids consistently.  It has taken a month to get back there since getting and taking a couple of different antibiotics.  That's when I started going downhill again.  However in hindsight it could have been something I caught from the doctor's waiting room or office allowing the EBV to flare while my body was dealing with the sore throat thing as a distraction.  As usual my glands have been up and my gills have been cold. lol  I was still feeling feverish last night when I went out or after. I feel OK today so far but I won't be overdoing it.

I have been a bit wonky in the head, a bit wobbly on my feet today despite no energy problems.  And I always end up getting breathless if I keep walking around for long and that is just "normal" for me.  So I have not experienced any improvement in that department from taking "Thrive" so far.  In fact I feel like I need to have a sleep and catch up after not getting enough last night so toodles.

5.00pm I just woke up.  Oh dear, I've been asleep all day!

8:30pm Let's just say that I don't feel well.  My glands are up and I am in pain.  I did not escape the payback from going grocery shopping last night after all.  I wish I had ordered online instead.  Needless to say I am not thriving on "Thrive".





3 comments:

zena said...

Not the energy boost you were hoping for

ZzirF said...

It's OK, it saves me $150 a month by not responding because I am not tempted to buy it now.

zena said...

:)