Friday, May 04, 2018

Lung scan results for March 2018 received in April - Lung Nodules Vanished

I was given a dye contrast for the last scan which I was not happy about.  I did not react to it in any obviously adverse way.  I was so eager to get my results because I had been feeling so well since taking the prednisolone (in the fluey, fever department) it was really hard to believe I may have been on the road to Adenocarcinoma (lung cancer).  I had other "body" problems but I was not feeling ill and I had energy even if I could not make the most of it due to migraine and heat intolerance and gut problems. 

I had an appointment with Dr Craig Wright on April 6th and it was there that I was pronounced cancer-free.  He said it could not have been cancer or pre-cancer in the first place because their "nodules" don't disappear and all mine had "resolved".  Yes, I celebrated with gratitude and relief and passed on the news to family so that we were all free of worry now.  I told you I did not feel like I had cancer.  The doctor was wrong and I am glad.  Thinking back I should have said something about the worry he caused us all but all I wanted to do was kiss the man who was delivering the news that cost $175.  I will never know what the cause of the lung nodules was.  He did not need to schedule another appointment so I left never to return.

No comments: