Monday, February 07, 2011

Cervical Foraminal Stenosis and Bone Spurs

Dr Clinton Herd said my neck was OK for a 55 year old neck but if you read my neck x-ray report there seems to be enough in that to explain my neck pain and the dizziness too maybe. It says I have mild cervical spondylosis and mild to moderate narrowing of a few of the foramen on both sides caused mainly by osteophytes (bone spurs). There are other osteophytes around other places too. Neck arthritis is usually age-related but this narrowing causes compression of the nerve roots and can cause many of the things I already have:

* Neck pain
* Shoulder pain
* Arm or hand pain
* Weakness in the arms or legs
* Lack of coordination and “clumsiness”,
* Imbalance when walking
* Bowel or bladder incontinence


I think I have this option but it looks a bit scary.



http://www.precisionneurosurgery.com.au/html/conditions_cervicalstenosis.htm

No comments: