Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Throid Ultrasound

Medline Plus Encyclopedia Image
This morning I had my blood tests and thyroid ultrasound done.  I am booked in on Thursday for the adrenal ultrasound at the main Imaging place  in town instead of the local one - early because it requires fasting.  Also Medicare "does not like" having two done on the same day.  Go figure.

I could not get much out of the technician who did the ultrasound when I asked if anything showed up.  He said that he did not want to alarm me but yes there were a few things.   I guess if it is urgent I will be contacted by the referring doctor who gets the report otherwise I am going to have to wait a long time before I find out what it means.  All I got given were the pictures.  The tech said I could ask on Thursday for a copy of the report because it would be in the main imaging place by then and they might give it to me.  I must remember to ask.

No comments: